How we will choose the participants?
The selection process for participants in our project will involve considering the following criteria:
- Age: Participants must be over 65 years of age. However, depending on the specific situation, we may consider individuals who are slightly younger (e.g., 60 years or older) if their circumstances warrant inclusion.
- Mental health status: Participants should not have significant mental health problems that would impede their ability to engage in art therapies effectively. While mild mental health conditions may be considered on a case-by-case basis, individuals with severe mental health disorders may not be suitable candidates for participation.
- Multiple medication use: Participants should be consuming more than one medical drug to address their multimorbid conditions. This criterion ensures that we target individuals who can benefit from alternative approaches such as art therapy in managing their health conditions.
- Willingness to participate: Participants must voluntarily agree to participate in art therapies and be willing to undergo the necessary tests before and after the therapies. Their active engagement and commitment to the project are essential for its success.
- Project compatibility: Participants should not exhibit behavior that is contrary to the functioning and objectives of our project. This criterion ensures that individuals who may disrupt the therapeutic environment or hinder the progress of the project are not included.
- Equal treatment and peaceful participation: Participants must be willing to treat everyone in the team therapies equally and contribute to a peaceful and respectful environment. This criterion emphasizes the importance of collaboration and mutual support among participants.
- By carefully considering these criteria, we aimed to select participants who were most likely to benefit from the project and contribute positively to the group dynamics. The selection process was conducted in a fair and transparent manner, ensuring that eligible individuals were given equal opportunities to participate in the art therapies and experience the potential benefits.
How will we benefit at the end of the project?
- Reducing the tendency to medical drugs with applied art therapy
- Reducing spending on health care
- Patients staying in hospital beds for less time and reducing the risk of infection
- Accelerating the healing process with personalized applications
- Saving time
- Psychological benefits to the patient
- It will be possible to improve the quality of life. Social inclusion will be the leading guide of our project to run the project. For this reason, the “proficiency of the trainers” has been determined as a priority for adult education.